Saturday 2 May 2009

i made more cushions

so I'm on a bit of a cushion ride at the moment and its not one i want to get off just yet. so many techniques and ideas can be applied to this square shape, like patterns and textures, be they printed or constructed, they are my current favorite end result for the textile crafts I'm enjoying making.and these newest ones are extra special because they are made from clothes that i designed and printed and made as part of my graduate collection from fashion college in 1998, and i knew it was time to give them a new life. the gold foil printed text really catches the light and shimmers and the mix of wool fabrics creates a nice contrast in textures, they are totally unique and quite unrepeatable. I'm not one for recreating the exact same of anything.and they are in my little shop now..

No comments: