Tuesday 31 March 2009

this is amazing

so i have doing a little etsy research into quilts to get an idea of what i can charge for the ones i recently made, and i have been blown away by the incredible ones i have seen and I'm also amazed at just how cheap some of them are considering the amount of work that it looks like goes into the intricate designs and patterns. i was thinking i could price mine for at least 50-60 dollars, but now I'm not so sure, any pricing advice would be appreciated, I'm also getting many more ideas about other styles of quilts i want to try, can i call mine a quilt if it has none of that decorative stitching running all across it ?...this one below is my absolute favorite that i saw and it is $150, and that to me still seems cheap as it looks like it was many hours of work, i love the crayons and i would love it in my life, its from doodle bug quilts and is brilliant.i hope you agree that this quilt is just fantastic.., here is another stunning one from doodle bug quilts..I'm so jealous, i would never have the patience to do such work, i like my results immediately...
maybe before i even worry about pricing mine i should get the pictures from my camera and load them into etsy... arghhh I'm so rubbish...

2 comments:

Kim Caro said...

sometimes i wish etsy had a bidding option because, well, it would help us to know what people want to pay.

Sarah said...

I find pricing really difficult too if that is any consolation.I find selling quite difficult too! You're right though, sometimes things seem way too cheap for the amount of work. Those quilts are great.
Sort of off the subject but I found a blog tonight called Etsybitch-it's quite interesting-various moaning about etsy issues I had no idea existed! I love etsy, I think it's great for people like me as it is a chance to try to sell work but not to have to make a huge investment.
Anyway-good luck with pricing the quilts!