Friday 27 March 2009

i actually made something

so i finally finished one of those ideas that has been in my head for a while, just swimming around waiting for it to actually materialize into a real life fully completed 3d object,.. i have mentioned before how i help out in my friends shop carry me home and how i make stuff top sell there,and that's what these are for, and they are 80x80cm square lap quilts, baby blankets, play mats ?...call them what you will.

they are totally unique and super soft, in the past i have used really thick wadding, but i have found this difficult to sew so i have chosen a softer thinner style that is much better, and allows the quilts to be folded easier and compacted to save space when not in use, the mix of fabrics creates a one of a kind patchwork style design.
i will also be listing these in my etsy shop very soon. why have them for sale in one place when you can have a few... I'm loving these and really want to make a huge one for me, but i bet that will swim around my head for a while yet, like most things do.

3 comments:

Diana Jiron Graff said...

These are very very cute! the colors are so bright and cheerful, very well done too ;)

Sarah said...

These are lovely Steven! Well done for getting that idea out there!

Brook said...

I love it!! I like how its not perfect squares!